A few serious and humorous adages, some slightly borrowed, some my own creation. Enjoy.
- Proximity in space is the prerequisite to real interaction.
- Obviousness is the best form of secrecy (AKA the Mission Impossible Principle).
- It's always easy when you know how!
- Nothing's ever easy.
- Nothing's ever simple.
- For every action, there's always a reaction . . . but not necessarily equal or even opposite.
- Good begets good; bad begets worse.
- Effective communication implies the right words at the right time, delivered in the right form.
- Winners never learn, losers never forget.
- Only he or she who truly sees a problem can solve it. (Variation: A duty seen must be discharged.)
- Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear mauls your ass. (Always make sure your bear gun is loaded!)
- It's always in the last place you look . . . by definition.
- It's always just in front of your nose.
- You never know . . . when you've made an assumption.
- Multiplying root causes without necessity is mathematical overkill. (Hamper's variation on OCCAM's RAZOR)
- The "real world" is a hypothetical construct.
- Stats don't lie, people do.
- Stats don't lie, they're just misused.
- If the grass seems greener on the other side of the fence, your angle's all wrong.
- Never threaten someone when you don't know what you're up against--it could be fatal.
- Anarchy is never simple and never on-course . . . by definition.
- Success comes in a can; failure in a cannot.
- Without a cause, you'll have no effect.
- Words do not have meaning, people do.
- Inferior material yields inferior results . . . unless you're talking sabotage.
- When in doubt, get out!
- No expectations result in no disappointments.
- Your temper is a raging tiger: let it loose and it'll maul your thought processes and kill your relationships with others.
- Every issue has many facets; check all the angles before you choose a side.
- Without context, true meaning is lost.
Back to Top
Back to Other Interests Page